Discover Israel and Turkey, two cradles of ancient civilizations and witness the story of the Bible. 12 days.
- Day1: Sunday. Departure
Departure from Toronto to Tel Aviv. Overnight stay: On board the plane.
- Day 2: Monday. Arrival at Tel-Aviv Ben Gurion Airport
Meeting our representative and transfer to hotel in Tel Aviv for an overnight. Accommodation: Overnight stay in Tel-Aviv (1)
- Day3: Tuesday. Tel Aviv – Beer Sheba- Masada Dead Sea
Tel Aviv – Beer Sheba- Masada Dead Sea Leave Tel Aviv – via Ashdod – Ashkelon – Beersheba. A short visit to the Negev capital. Continue via Arad to Masada. Ascend by cable car to the fortress, which was the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their war against the Romans. Visit the excavations, Herod’s palaces, the synagogue, bathhouse, etc. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Roman camps and the Dead Sea. Descend for a possible “float” in the in the salty water of the world’s lowest place. Via EinGedi & Kalya, proceed to Jerusalem for overnight.
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Jerusalem (1)
- Day 4: Wednesday: Jerusalem – sightseeing of the new city
Drive to Mt’ Scopus for a panoramic view of Jerusalem. On to the Garden of Gethsemane and Church of the Agony. Continue to Israel Museum’s Shrine of the Book with the famous Dead Sea scrolls, then a visit to the beautifully renovated Model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem, dating back to the time of the Second Temple. Continue to Yad Vashem (the memorial to the six million Jews who were killed in the Holocaust. Afternoon drive to the picturesque village of EinKarem (the birth place of John the Baptist). Return to Hotel.
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Jerusalem (2)
- Day 5: Thursday: Jerusalem – (Old City) – Bethlehem
Walk through one of the Gates to the walled Old City: the renewed Jewish Quarter; the Western Wall, the Temple area; the colorful bazaars; Via Dolorosa and the stations of the cross ending at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Drive to Mt’ Zion and visit the tomb of King David, the Room of the Last Supper and Dormition Abbey. Afternoon continue to Bethlehem* to visit the Church of the Nativity and return to Jerusalem for overnight.
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Jerusalem (3)
- Day 6: Friday. Beit Shean – Tiberias – Galilee
Leave Jerusalem, and drive north via Jericho*, the oldest city in the world. Through Jordan Valley and the new settlements to Beit Shean. Visit the excavations of this beautiful preserved Roman City. Proceed to Tiberias, the old center of Jewish learning. Drive along the shores of the Sea of Galilee to Capernaum, to visit the ruins of the ancient synagogue. Continue to a Kibbutz hotel for overnight.
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Galilee (1)
- Day 7: Saturday. Upper Galilee and Golan Heights – NazarethE
Drive to the Golan Heights. Visit the former Syrian fortifications, and the Druze villages, Via Banias, source of the Jordan River. Proceed via the Hula Valley to Safed, city of the Kabala, to visit a synagogue and the artists’ colony and then to Nazareth to visit the Christian Holy Sites. Return to the Kibbutz hotel for overnight
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Galilee (2)
- Day 8: Sunday. Acre – Haifa – Tel Aviv
After Breakfast drive west to Acre for a visit of the old, famous Crusader stronghold and medieval fortifications. Continue to Haifa, sightseeing tour of Haifa, including the Bahai Shrine, Persian Garden and Mount Carmel for a panoramic view of the city and the bay. Proceed along the cost to Caesarea to visit the Roman Theater and the Crusader fortress. End the day with a short city tour of Tel Aviv-Jaffa and overnight.
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Jaffa (1)
- Day 9: Monday. Flight from Tel-Aviv to Istanbul
Breakfast and transfer to the airport for flight to Istanbul. Welcome to Turkey. We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Istanbul on your own.
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Istanbul (1)
- Day 10: Tuesday. Istanbul
This will be a full day of exploring the historical sites of Istanbul.
- Blue Mosque–World renown for it’s architecture and focal point for worshipping Muslims.
- Haghia Sophia–1,400 year old supreme church from Byzantium times which houses famous Byzantine Mosaics.
- Byzantine Hippodrome-The focal point of the Byzantine Empire during the reign of Constantine. Within it’s center you will see the Egyptian Obelisk and Serpentine Column.
- Topkapi Palace–the residence and leadership center of the Sultans during the Ottoman Empire. It was built in 1459-1465 shortly after the conquest of Constantinople. You will see the Treasury that includes the Topkapi Dagger, the 86 carat Spoon Maker’s Diamond, and the jewelencased bones of St. John the Baptist’s skull and arm bone.
- Suleymaniye Mosque and the Grand Bazaar will also be visited during the tour.
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Istanbul (3)
- Day 11: Wednesday. Istanbul (B)
This part will be a half day of exploring the historical sites of Istanbul. Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar), Mystical smells of different aromas of various spices. Shops selling fruits, vegetables, flowers, fish etc. Bosporus Cruise, thorough the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia, with a possibility to take photographs of marble palaces, ancient wooden villas of Ottoman architecture besides modern residential of luxurious apartments. After the tour we will leave you at the grand Bazaar and give you free time to explore and some souvenir shopping.
Accommodation: Overnight stay in Istanbul (3)
- Day 12: Thursday: Istanbul to back home
Transfer from the hotel to the airport for our return flight to Toronto.
👍 Included in the price:
- Prices are per person with double occupancy
- Centrally located, distinctive (3, 4 or 5-star upon request) hotels with breakfast
- All land transfers with comfortable vehicles
- Professional English speaking tour guides
- Admission fees with the tours
- Domestic flights
- All tax and service charges
✋ Not included in the price:
- International flights
- Lunches and dinners unless specifically stated as inclusive
- Travel insurance
- Tips for hotels, tour guides and drivers